On November 1st, the church building will be open for an All Saints Day Holy Eucharist (Communion) Service, which will start at 10:00 am.
In addition to the safety protocols which have been in place since the church reopened at the beginning of August (see information page about returning to worship in the church), the following special safety protocols as per Diocesan guidelines will be in effect for all Holy Eucharist services:
- The peace may be exchanged, but without touch.
- The clergy and liturgical assistant will wear masks and sanitize their hands before and after administering the sacrament.
- The sacrament is to be administered under the form of bread only (wafers).
- The sidespeople will direct all communicants to a physically distanced standing station.
- Stations for communicants to sanitize their hands before or after receiving the sacrament will be available.
Registration for this service will open at noon on October 25th. Click here to register for Sunday, November 1st. The service will also be recorded and posted at the Video Links and Online Services page at the St. Luke’s At Home section of the website later on November 1st.
Registration is mandatory to participate in this service as there will be a limit of 40 people who can attend at one time. Some things to note about registration:
- You can register individually or as a family group but each member of a family must be accounted for in the registration process.
- Your contact information is collected and stored in the Church Office for 30 days in case the need arises for contact tracing.
- We are using the website Eventbrite to register for services. If you need assistance or prefer not to register online, please call the Church Office (250-477-6741) or send an email to [email protected].
- Registration will open at noon on Sunday, October 25th and will close on Friday, October 30th at noon.
- If you find that you are unable to attend after you've registered, you can cancel/"refund" your place via the Eventbrite website or call the Church Office up until the Friday noon deadline. If it is after the Friday noon deadline, please do not try to replace your spot with another parishioner by yourself. Registration needs be done through the Church Office.
To register for the November 1st Holy Eucharist Service: